The last few days has been spent looking at the business plan for the new year, I even opened my business plan to see what I missed from last year and need to concentrate on this year.
Planning for the Future of FTS Safety Solutions
What did I find from taking this positive approach, well to start with:
- I looked at my goals, specifically what did I want to achieve and take action to clarify and document them. Why, so I have something concrete to look back on during the coming year.
- I looked at setting goals, targets and the plan of action to take.
- I even revisited my business plan (my oh my, does it need updating).
- I decided that I need to take more time out from the business to plan for the future, even an hour a week can make a difference especially as the business continues to develop.
I asked myself where is the business going and what steps am I going to take in order to meet and achieve these goals. I’m sure it didn’t hurt to brainstorm a few ideas, no matter how stupid they actually were.
I looked at what marketing activities I needed to consider, it is important to clarify what I am aiming to achieve through the marketing with the help of The Last Hurdle and concentrate on what will bring results.
I had to consider the following points:
- Define what services are we selling?
- Who will buy the services that we are offering, existing and new customers?
- What are the areas that we need to consider to find our potential clients?
- How can we reach them? And what methods are we going to use to message them?
- Why will they buy from FTS Safety Solutions? What is it that we offer that our competition doesn’t, the benefits and value.
Anyway the first thing of my list of targets for this year is the ISO Accreditation, we have been working on this for nearly 12 months and we have our first assessment in early January, and yes I am concerned, but with the support of Ellen of All About Quality, I’m sure we should be able to get through it with a positive outcome.
Right I’m going back to my brainstorm page and have another look at potential targets, plans and goals.
Until Next Time